Shareholder Rights Directive II Whitepaper
Download the SRD II Whitepaper
The updated Shareholder Rights Directive from the European Commission aims to strengthen the share-holder’s role in the financial marketplace, promote long-term shareholding and reduce excessive risk from companies that issue stocks. It also requires brokers and custodians to rely more on electronic data while respecting the EU’s demand for shareholder privacy.
In this whitepaper, we examine the profound impact the updated SRD mandate will have on U.S. brokers and custodians trading securities in European Economic Area (EEA) and European Union (EU) markets and answer the following questions:
- What are the focus and aims of SRD II?
- What firms must comply?
- Who can skip SRD II compliance measures?
- What does the SRD II mandate seek to accomplish?
- Where are the hidden details of the EU mandate?
- How can Mediant help my firm achieve SRD II compliance?